Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Two Months!? Yeabuhwhat???

*Note: In case you haven't checked since yesterday, there IS a new post below this one.

      I was on the train this morning and I think it was Jen who mentioned the fact that we have been here for almost two months. One week and four days from now I will have in fact been here for that amount of times, which means that I have less than nine weeks left in Japan. Now, maybe in grade school that would seem like a long time since our report cards came out in quarters of that size, but it really got me to thinking on the way to school today: what that I set out to accomplish here have I actually accomplished, what can I still do, and just, man... it took me two months to get settled and I'm still trying to make better friends with the Japanese that I know now.
      As for the latter part, which affects me the most at the moment, I've just gotten to the point where I feel that I can ask some of my Japanese friends out to karaoke or something and not feel so awkward. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to any point where hanging out with one Japanese person who didn't speak English would feel comfortable for the whole time that we would be out, but that's not so bad since I only really want to hang out in groups. I can't afford the time to just hang out with one guy from the baseball team for hours because I really would like to get to know a handful of them better rather than just one (this is in a manner of speaking: I wouldn't just call one, but if one called me to hang out one on one, that'd be cool), and this goes for the people in the jazz club, too. I'll post about this later, but I met some really cool people in the jazz club this weekend, and it would be a shame if I only got to hang out with them at the jazz functions. I waited a while to even engage in conversation with most in that circle because I was waiting for the gasshuku (training camp) to start to know the kids. That was truly an opportune time to do so, but at the same time that happened just this past weekend, and the clock's still ticking.
      I think I'm going to write a list of goals I have to accomplish before I leave and put them somewhere in my room so that I can see them every day. I really, really have to start planning out my weeks and have to start getting my work done early so that I can do things weeknights and whatnot. Wish me luck...!


      Oh, and, I also haven't found a wife yet. Haha. So you ladies reading this back home can take a sigh of relief ; )

Later!

3 comments:

Will Turner said...

wow, man, it's crazy how time flies. good luck on accomplishing your goals, and i'm glad to hear some mention of some jazz activities. the other day i was wondering if you'd been to any jazz clubs at all.

Unknown said...

Giddyup.........

UD

Erik Durant said...

Yeah, where does time go man? I saw from facebook that you're going to the HSD reunion! That's awesome, Mr. Weaver. Oh, and I didn't know you were looking for a wife in Japan. That's my plan in about three years though (if I don't find my African princess). haha. take care buddy!