Monday, April 21, 2008

Not for the Faint of Heart

     When I had posted about the last J.J. Club experience, I forgot to include videos that I took inside the karaoke room. Hopefully I didn't explain this already, but Japanese karaoke is a bit different from English in the fact that you go to a karaoke "box" with your friends and sing with each other (and can order drinks and/or food) rather than standing up in front of a crowd. That night some of my friends enjoyed my performances so much that they decided to record me on my camera, and I joined in the fun by recording Hunter.

      But take the title to... um... heart. These are scary and really terrible (except maybe Hunter's, which is just hilarious), and you probably won't know the songs. If you don't know at least the artist, spare your ears and go listen to something better. Even Black Sabbath will do.


Video 1: Gunther - Teeny-Weeny String Bikini Part 1

This was recorded during a Sunshine Girls verse only.




Video 2: Gunther - Teeny-Weeny String Bikini Part 2

Here's some real Gunther action (by the way, for all you fans, this was the only Gunther song that they had in the karaoke book... but I guess to have ANY Gunther song is pretty darn awesome)




Video 3: Sixteen Going on Seventeen

I made Hunter be the girl since my voice was deeper. And it turned out sooo beautifully!




Video 4: Shakira - ??? Part 1

I don't know the name of this song, but I guess all you need to know is that this is how I perceive Shakira's singing.




Video 5: Shakira - ??? Part 2

In case you didn't get enough...

5 comments:

kat thompson said...

i am DYING here. the second one is especially delightful!

dobedo said...

An American Idol in Japan?

Will Turner said...

roflmao! this is so awesome. i wonder if ben could read this to catch the dig at black sabbath? man i actually like a black sabbath song or two but the thought still makes me laugh a little, i'm a terrible person haha.

Mike Cary said...

Wow. Why did I always sing when we played rock band together? I had no idea you had this kind of talent.

Unknown said...

and I thought my brother was the one with all the vocal talent. shaa.