Monday, April 14, 2008

Finally, Ichi Maru Maru...!

     With April 3rd came the Japanese placement exam. You read about the results, so I'm not going to talk about that. Oh, maybe it was important to say that I was in good health in case for some reason you thought I may not have been because of Oji-san (the uncle).
     Regardless, we ended up going straight to lunch at the Sophia cafeteria that day. They have vending machines and whatnot with select food choices... nothing exciting... except that if I get in the line for ramen then I'll get their own unique version of it, I guess... they call it "Laimen". Hm.
      The neat thing about the cafeteria in building whatever (2, I think) is that you can sit on the roof and see a nice view of Yotsuya (kokuhaku?) and the campus. That picture wasn't of the campus, by the way. Neither is this, nor this crow, who was terrorizing me when I was walking rear its perch on the railings of the roof. It was cawing at me and summoning its friends and everything... so I ended up running away. I think maybe Natalie has a video of its evil on her blog. And here are the last two.
      Next, a bunch of us decided to go to a nice park. But first, we stopped off for a little joyride around a designated smoking area for salarymen. I almost broke that thing, I just know it... it was pretty frightening to be that far back, heh. Next will be a bunch of pictures from the park. Man, I wish I was a good photographer... I had to scrap a ton of shots (that statue was there, too, and reminded me of a Celtic knot that is on a stone that my Granny gave me). Truth is, though, we all would get sick of looking at flower pictures after a while. I even got bored of the flowers, so I decided to scale a MASSIVE ANCIENT TEMPLE with Mr. Bean, of course!!!
      By nightfall, the Sannin plus Jeanette and Hunter tried for the second time to get to J. J. Club 100, and.... and.... we made it! Alright!!! It was completely worth the 2,100 yen that we spent... unlimited games (including popular rhythm games like Drum Mania and Taiko Drum Master!), darts, pool, karaoke, a batting cage, REAL fishing, soccer, manga, videos, random systems set up... it was awesome. I'm not really going to go on about arcades again right now, but there was this horse game where you moved the horse by rocking back and forth. It was hard. And painful.
     All of this trouble of finding J.J. Club? Totally worth it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

"Lamian" It be the Chinese way.

Ooh, let's not forget about our friend JJ...

Lizz said...

The cherry tree's are so pretty! I was trying to take pictures of Mike's neighbors ornamental cherry tree but I lost my camera battery. By the time I ordered my new one the blossoms were all gone. Those are some great shots Greg! Congrats on finally making it to your arcade!