Monday, June 2, 2008

お礼

      Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to those who are still reading my blog after these past couple of months. I really appreciate the time that you take to read and listen to what I have to say even through all of the filler and all of the huge delays in posts do to me being narcoleptic, and it always makes me happy to see any comments that anyone chooses to make on the posts. As I'm sure you all know, knowing me, I do miss home a lot. It's not that I THINK about missing home, but I do think about home, family, and friends, and the fact that you all are reading this makes me feel more close to home.

      In terms of an actual post, I'm going to have to save that for the weekend since I have three mid-terms this week. But, I just wanted to tell you that I've decided to eventually take a trip to Osaka for a weekend before I leave. From now I have eight weekends left, a few that have been already taken up: one weekend will be used to climb Mt. Fuji, July 5th and 6th I will be meeting with my HSD 2003 roommate Tomohiro Ishikawa, one will probably be me going to Kyoto to hang out with my friend Hiromi from HSD 2003, and then one will be a trip to Osaka.
      My curiosity in Osaka started when I hung out with Kohei who told me some facts about Osakans, and spiked last night when I hung out with friends from HSD 2004, tw of which who are from Osaka. Basically, they described the Osakans as having great senses of humor and being overall more good-natured people than the Tokyoans. For example, if you make a sword swiping motion at an Osakan on the street, they with pretend like they just got slashed, and if you give them a banana they will do something like a dance or start singing. How awesome is that!?!?!? THAT sounds like where I should have studied abroad, haha. Anyway, I really want to check that out, not to mention I want to go see a Hanshin Tigers game again!!!!!!

     And I leave you now with two utterly hilarious videos of my Osakan friend Jiro from last night.






In case you're confused, keep in mind that "juu" in Japanese means "gun".


Until next time...!


PS: Not to nag, but the post below is about three times larger now than when it was first posted, so check it out!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I thought this was an Anti-Semitic post!

Shame on you, Greg!

Unknown said...

Only eight weeks to locate the woman who will make your life lighter than a feather......GET ON IT, GRASSHOPPER!!!

Sheesh!

UD

Christine said...

I'm so sorry, I didn't check my blog until today, but if your offer still stands, I would be honored to be linked from your blog, although I can't promise mine to be as technologically advanced as yours with podcasts and videos. See you in Japan!